This brief guide will show you how to change the default search engine in the Vivaldi web browser.
- Start out by clicking the Settings button from the bottom left corner of the main Vivaldi window.
- From the column on the left side of the Settings pane, select Search
- In the Search section, scroll down to the area titled Search Engines
- Hover your cursor over the search engine you want to use, and a series of “buttons” will appear on the right side of each item. Click the ‘gray check mark’ button (see screenshot below) to set a different Search engine as the default.
- You’ll know it’s worked correctly when the ‘check mark’ button switches to your newly selected search engine.
- That’s it! From now on the default engine that Vivaldi uses will the the new one instead of Yahoo. You can even add your own search engine to Vivaldi and then make that one the default.