This quick guide will show you step by step how to change the password you use when you sign in to Windows 10.
- Click the Windows 10 “Start Button” and select Settings (the little ‘cog’ icon) from the menu.
- Locate and select Accounts from the list of items.
- Locate the section titled Sign-in options and then click the Password link.
- With the Password option expanded click the Change button.
- First you’ll need to enter your current password. Click Next when you’ve done so.
- This is where you can change your Windows 10 password. Enter the new password you want to use in the two password fields. When you’re ready, click Next.
- Should be good to go! Click Finish
- Microsoft suggests signing out of your account and then signing back in. It’s not a terrible idea so make sure to save any open work, close any open Apps and then sign out. To do that, click the Windows 10 Start button again, select the ‘user’ icon and then click Sign out from that menu. Then sign in again with your new password.
While you’re doing Windows housekeeping, perhaps you’d like to create another user account so your roommate/partner/child stops changing your Desktop and browser start page :)