This guide will show you how to download videos from Netflix so that you can watch them on your Windows 10 computer when you’re offline.
Long flight and don’t want to pay for WiFi to watch Netflix? Long drive and want to keep the kids occupied? Following the steps outlined below you’ll be able to download videos from Netflix so that you can watch them without WiFi on your Windows 10 device.
- Start out by opening the Microsoft Store. Search for the word netflix to locate the Netflix App, then install it by selecting the Get button. It’s completely free, you just require a Netflix subscription to use it.
- Once the App has installed, launch it from your Start menu. Right away you’ll notice that the interface is almost identical to the ‘web’ version of Netflix. After you’ve signed in, locate the “three dot” (…) button in the upper-right corner of the App and select it. From that menu, choose Settings
- Scroll down to the Downloads section of the Settings. The first thing we’re going to do is make sure you have the right “video quality” selected.
- If you leave the default of High selected the download will take a bit longer as the file is larger, but the quality of the video will be better. If storage space is a concern or you have a metered (ie. not unlimited) broadband connection, you may want to consider selecting Standard instead.
- After you’ve decided which quality of video you want to download, close out of the Settings. Now, select the “3 dashes” icon (see screenshot below) in the upper-left corner of the Netflix App.
- From that menu, select Available for Download
- Netflix will load a page of videos separated into categories. Each one of these videos is available for you to download and watch offline.
- Locate one you want to download and select it. When the ‘info’ page loads there will be a small Download button on it. Click that button.
- The video will begin downloading. The progress is indicated in two places – within the Download button itself, and as a ‘bar’ at the bottom of the window.
- Once the file has finished downloading, the button will have a blue ‘check mark’ inside of it.
- To access all of the content that you have downloaded and can watch offline, click the “3 dashes” button in the upper-left corner of the Netflix App and select My Downloads
- All of the content you’ve downloaded to watch offline will be listed – just select one to start watching :)
- That’s it!
4 thoughts on “How to Watch Netflix When You’re NOT Online (Windows 10)”
windows 10 – Download video successful from netflix and located it in file with only a number and no extension. Only sound portion of downloaded video will play. Any way to convert this video to .mp4?
Same here. Windows 10 and when i try to start netflix in airplane mode it tells me there is no internet connection? Worked a few months ago???
Working on an old laptop with AMD processor and Graphics.
Can play Netflix streaming just fine. No lag, works.
But, when I download a show, and it shows up in my downloaded shows, when I start to play I get an error from Netflix: Whoops, something went wrong
We’re having problems playing this video right now.
Error Code: U7353-5101
Maybe something about Playready .dlls?
Doesn’t work any more. Netflix app for windows won’t start when offline, what a load of….!!