Following the steps outlined in this guide you’ll be able to switch from the new ‘volume slider widget’ that Windows 10 uses to the ‘classic’ volume slider.
Using a small and free App you can easily switch the ‘new’ volume slider that comes with Windows 10 back to the ‘classic’ style of slider.
- Head over to the Winaero download page and click the download link. Once the file has finished downloading (it’s small), extract the setup file from the .zip and run it. Launch Winaero once the installation has completed.
- From the navigation pane on the left side of the window, locate the Desktop and Taskbar category, and then choose the Old Volume Control sub-category.
- Place a check in the box labelled Enable the old volume control
- You may need to sign out and back into Windows, but in all likelihood the volume slider changed immediately.
- If you ever decide you want to switch back to the default Windows 10 volume control, simply re-launch Winaero and remove the check-mark from the Enable the old volume control box.