This quick guide will show you how to open an .nfo file on your Windows 10 device.
- Locate the .nfo file you want to open but instead of double-clicking it, right-click it and select Open with…
- Below the section titled Other options find the More apps link and give it a click.
- Windows will now display a list of most of the apps on your computer. Select Notepad from that list, place a check in the box labelled Always use this app to open .nfo files and then click OK
- Notepad will open and display the contents of your .nfo file.
- That’s it! Each time you want to open an .nfo file going forward all you have to do is double-click it – Notepad will launch and automatically open that file. Also, all of the .nfo files on your computer will have a new icon – the same one as Notepad and .txt files.