Recently, Google decided to remove the View Image button from Google Image Search – a rather unpopular decision given how helpful that one single button was. This brief guide will show you how to bring that button back when you’re searching for images.
Instructions for Google Chrome are directly below, click here for the instructions for Firefox (or just scroll further down)
Restore The View Image Button in Google Chrome
- Head over to the View Image Extension page in the Chrome Store. Click the ADD TO CHROME button to start the installation, and then click the Add extension button when prompted.
- That’s literally it. You’re done. Go search for an image and take a look for yourself – the button is back! :) After you’ve selected an image, click the View Image button to test it out.
- Ta-da! Just like the old days.
Restore The View Image Button in Firefox
- Start by visiting the View Image Addon for Firefox page. It installs the same as other Addons – just click the Add to Firefox button.
- Then confirm the installation by clicking the Add button.
- That’s literally it. You’re done. Go search for an image and take a look for yourself – the button is back! :)