Do those beeps and chimes bother you too? This quick tutorial will explain how to disable the beeps, chimes, ringing and other sounds that Windows 10 makes.
To make the change is pretty easy – to find where to make that change, well, it’s not exactly in the place you’d expect it to be. Here goes:
- Click the Windows 10 Start button and select the Settings option.
- Select Personalization from the Windows Settings list.
- From the column on the left side of the window, select Themes
- In the list of theme options locate and select the Sounds item
- Click the ‘down arrow’ to display all of the options in the Sound Scheme: menu
- Finally, select No Sounds from the pull-down menu.
- Back in your Windows Theme settings, make sure the Sounds item now displays No Sounds below it.
- That’s it! No more annoying beeps or chimes.