This quick overview will explain how to ‘block’ an artist/band on Spotify so that you never have to hear them again :) This has been a long-requested feature, particularly by Spotify users who often listen to Spotify Radio or curated playlists. It’s also helpful as a method of ‘parental controls’ if there’s an artist you don’t think your child is quite ready to hear yet.
- You’ll need to use the mobile app version of Spotify (iOS or Android) to completely block an artist or band. So start by opening up Spotify on your iPhone/iPad or Android device. Run a search for the artist you wish to block, and then select them from the Artist column.
- This will bring up their “home page” on Spotify. On that page, select the “three dots” ( … ) icon from the upper-right corner of the window.
- From the pop-up list, select Don’t play this artist (Android Users: select Don’t play this – for some reason the Android version doesn’t include the word “artist”)
- A brief confirmation message will appear on the screen.
- In the future, if you or someone who uses your account tries to play an artist you’ve previously banned, an error message will appear.
- If you ever decide to unblock the artist, simply return to their Spotify “home page” and once again click the “three dots” icon. This time, select Remove from the list of options, which will remove the ‘ban’ on that artist.