This guide will take you step by step through the process of adding Dropbox support to the Files app on your Chromebook.
Following the steps outlined below will enable full access all of your Dropbox files via the File Manager that comes with your Chromebook, the aptly named Files app.
- Start out by opening up the Files app itself.
- Click the “three dots” button in the upper-right corner of the window (see screenshot below) then select Add new service and finally Install new service.
- Scroll down until you locate the item named File System for Dropbox and then click the INSTALL button next to it.
- When prompted click the Add app button.
- After a moment another window will open. Click the Mount your Dropbox button.
- Now sign into your Dropbox account.
- Do not be surprised if you’re presented with an error message. Ignore it.
- Click the Mount your Dropbox button again
- This time, click the Allow button when prompted.
- Ta-da! You should now have a Dropbox item in the navigation pane of the Files app.
- Select it and you can view, delete, edit etc all of your Dropbox files and folders.