This guide will take you step by step through the process of downloading torrents on your Chromebook.
There are a few ways to download using bittorrent on your Chromebook, and we’ll take you step by step through (arguably) the easiest one – using a free and open source App.
- First things first, download the actual .torrent file that you want to use. Save it to the Downloads folder on your Chromebook.
- Head over to the LibreTorrent page on the Google Play Store and click the Install button.
- After the installation has completed, launch LibreTorrent from your App drawer.
- After LibreTorrent opens, click the ‘plus sign’ ( + ) button located in the bottom right corner of the App (see screenshot below).
- Choose Open file
- Navigate to the .torrent file that you have saved in your Downloads folder and double-click it.
- When the Add torrent screen appears, click the ‘check mark’ button located in the upper-right corner of the App (see screenshot).
- The contents of the .torrent file will now begin transferring. You’ll hear a ‘ding’ notification sound when the transfer has completed. If all you want to do is download the files, you’re pretty much done at this point. To view additional information or options for the torrent, double-click it.
- From here you can get info on the STATE, FILES, TRACKERS, PEERS and PIECES,
- Click the Pause button if you want to pause the transfer.
- Click the “3 dots” button for more Options.
- Those Options will include Force recheck, Force announce, Share magnet, Save torrent file, Add trackers and Speed limit.
- Happy torrenting :)