This guide will show you how to use Google Chrome to share URLs with any and all nearby computers.
Using the Chrome Extension “Google Tone” you can broadcast a sound from one computer to others that will share the URL of whatever web page you have opened. Follow this brief guide to get started –
- Head over to the Google Tone extension page and click the large Add to Chrome button. Make sure to do this on each of the computers you want to be able to send and receive URLs to and from.
- When prompted click the Add extension button.
- Once it’s installed a small blue ‘horn’ icon will appear in your Toolbar. Give it a click.
- You should hear a short series of tones and then the page will refresh to let you know the test was successful.
- Now let’s test it with another computer listening – make sure Google Tone is enabled on the other computer, navigate to a page you want to send to the other computer – and click the blue horn icon again. A notification should appear on the other computer and when you click it, the shared page will open.
- You can send URLs back and forth. You can even send them over the phone/Skype etc.