This quick guide will show you how to figure out if you’re using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
Determine 32 or 64-bit Windows 7
- Click the Windows 7 Start button and select Control Panel
- Select System & Security from the list of settings.
- In the System section, select View amount of RAM and processor speed
- Scroll down to the System category and locate the System type: line – that will tell you if you’re using a 32 or 64-bit version of Windows 7.
Determine 32 or 64-bit Windows 10
- Click the Windows 10 “Start” button and select Settings
- Select System from the list of settings.
- From the column on the left side of the window select the About option.
- Scroll down until you get to the Device specifications list. Locate the System type line and it’ll let you know if you’re using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
- That’s it, now you know!