This short guide will take you step by step through the process of changing the default search engine (Bing) on your Amazon Fire tablet.
- With the browser (currently named “Silk“) open, click the “three dashes” icon in the upper-left corner of the window (see screenshot below)
- Select Settings from the list of options.
- Select Advanced from the list of settings.
- Tap the Search engine section.
- Choose the search engine you’d like to use on your Amazon Fire.
- Now when you perform a search on your tablet, from any of the possible ‘search locations’ (the home screen, the browser itself) …
- … the search will occur in your search engine of choice!
- All done!
If you’re looking for other ways to personalize your Fire, we have a pretty detailed guide on how to customize the Amazon Fire Home Screen.