This short guide will explain how to password protect any of your iPhone/iPad Notes without having to install any additional software.
- Launch the Notes app, open a note you’d like to password protect, and click the “Share” button (the one directly to the left of the Done button, see screenshot below).
- Scroll down a little bit and then tap the Lock Note menu item.
- Now you’ll need to set a password for your notes. Enter it in the spaces provided, and use a good password Hint – if you forget this password your notes will not be retrievable. You can also opt to use the Touch ID feature if your iPhone or iPad supports it. Tap Done when you’ve set everything up.
- Now a ‘lock’ icon will appear at the top of your note. Tap it.
- This will immediately lock your note. Tap either the lock icon or the View Note link.
- Enter your password (or use Touch ID if applicable) and your note will be revealed.
- That’s it! You can lock any of your notes and each will be protected by the same password. If you use the macOS Notes App and sync it with your iPhone or iPad, the password will also be applied to those notes.