This guide will take you step by step through setting up your iPhone (or iPad) to work as a remote control for the Music App on your Mac.
- On your iPhone, head over to the App Store and install the iTunes Remote app by Apple. Once the installation has completed, open it up.
- Tap the Connect Manually link.
- Make note of the 4 digit number.
- On your Mac, open the Music app and select your iPhone/iPad from the Devices list in the column on the left side of the window. If more than one iPhone is listed, select the one with the ‘play button’ icon (see screenshot below).
- Enter the 4 digit code that was displayed back in step #3
- After the code has been successfully applied, click the OK button.
- Your iPhone/iPad is now able to control the Music app on your Mac!
- You can completely control the Music app – view your collection by artist/album, view and even edit playlists, adjust the volume – you name it.