This guide will show you how to use VLC to bookmark spots in a video file using Windows or macOS.
Bookmark a Video in Windows
- Pause the video at the place you’d like to add a bookmark.
- To bring up the ‘bookmark manager’ type the key combination ctrl+B. Click the Create button to add a bookmark at the location you paused the video.
- By default the Description will be the title of the video. To change it, double-click the description.
- Enter a more descriptive name for the bookmark.
- Repeat as many times as needed.
- Now when you want to jump right to one of the bookmarked locations in the video just bring up the bookmark manager by typing the key combination ctrl+B and double-click the bookmark.
Bookmark a Video in macOS
- Pause the video at the location you wish to bookmark.
- Select Window and then Bookmarks… or type the keyboard combination command (⌘) + B to bring up the Bookmark manager.
- Click the Add button.
- That will add a bookmark at the location you paused the video. To enter a slightly more descriptive title for the bookmark, select the bookmark by clicking on it once and then click the Edit button.
- Enter the name you want to use and then click the OK button.
- Repeat as needed.
- Now when you want to jump directly to one of your bookmarks just bring up the bookmark manager again (select Window and then Bookmarks… or type the keyboard combination command (⌘) + B) and select the corresponding bookmark.