This short but detailed guide will show you how to display the current weather for your location in the Status Bar of your Amazon Fire tablet.
Let’s just jump right in –
- Open the Appstore on your Fire.
- Search for the word accuweather and when AccuWeather with Superior Accuracy comes up, tap the Get button. If you’d like, you can read more about AccuWeather here – it’s a small, free, well-reviewed and trusted weather App.
- Once the installation has completed, tap the Open button.
- Now you’ll need to grant the App some permissions on your device. Tap the Continue button.
- When asked if AccuWeather can access your location, tap the AGREE button.
- When asked the same question for a second time, tap ALLOW
- And when you’re asked the same question a third time – you guessed it – tap ALLOW
- Ta-da! The app will open up and the weather (temperature) will be displayed in the Status Bar of your Amazon Fire right away.
- If you want to change the temperature units from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice-versa, tap the “3 dots” button found in the upper-right corner of the AccuWeather app and then Change to X from the list of options.
- When you expand the Notifications section, the weather will also be displayed, with a bit more info.
- You’ll also find the weather is now displayed on your Lock Screen. If you’d prefer it not be there, you can disable it within the App settings.
While you’re here, be sure to check out the rest of our Amazon Fire guides, tips and tricks.