This guide will take you step by step through the process of setting up your Comcast.net email address in Microsoft Outlook 2019.
Setting up your Comcast.net email account to work with Microsoft Outlook 2019 is actually pretty straight-forward, with a bit of a ‘catch’ that can be frustrating to troubleshoot. That ‘catch’ is what we’ll cover first, in the next section.
Before your Comcast email will work with an app like Outlook, you have to enable a specific setting within the Comcast email web page. So, sign in to Comcast Webmail (link opens in a new tab), click the Settings button found in the upper-right corner of the page, and finally Email Settings from the list of options.
Select Security from the column of options on the left side of the page. Place a check in the box labelled Allow access to my Xfinity Connect email through third-party programs e.g., Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.).
Now you’ll be able to successfully check your Comcast email using Outlook, after it’s setup – which is exactly what we’ll get to now :)
- Launch Outlook from your Start menu (or desktop icon etc).
- When the setup wizard opens, enter your comcast.net email address in the space provided and click the Connect button. If the setup wizard does not launch and Outlook itself opens up, select File and then click the New Account button and the setup wizard will start.
- After a few moments, Outlook will ask for your Comcast email password. Enter it in the space provided and then click the Connect button.
- Outlook will finish the configuration on its own, which may take a minute – some patience may be required :)
- Once the setup has completed Outlook will display an Account successfully added button. In all likelihood you won’t want or need to setup your phone with Outlook Mobile, so remove the check from the box labeled Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone, too and then click the Done button.
- Finally! Outlook will open up, download all of your Comcaste.net email, and display the contents of your inbox.
- That’s it, you’re all done!
If you need the info at any point in time, here are the actual server settings you should use for email apps to access Comcast:
Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 (with SSL ON)
Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587
Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS isn’t available)
Authentication: Your Comcast.net email address