This short guide will show you how to quickly and easily transfer your playlists from Spotify to Apple Music.
Best of all – you don’t need to sign up for anything or download/install any software! Using the free service TuneMyMusic, you can copy the playlists you’ve created in Spotify over to the Apple Music app (and/or iTunes). Here’s how –
- Head over to the TuneMyMusic home page (link opens in a new tab/window) and click the big Let’s Start button.
- Select Spotify as the source.
- You’ll be prompted to sign into Spotify (if you aren’t already) and then click the large AGREE button so that TuneMyMusic can access your playlists.
- Click the Load from your Spotify account button.
- A window will appear with a list of all of the playlists you’ve created on Spotify. Place a check in box next to each of the playlists that you want to export to Apple Music and then click the Next: Select Destination button.
- Click the Apple Music button to select the destination.
- A small window will appear – click the Login to your Apple account button in that window.
- Enter your Apple ID and password in the spaces provided.
- Depending on your settings, you may be prompted to authenticate with 2 factor authorization. If you are, enter the auth code after you receive it.
- Now click the Allow button so that TuneMyMusic can create new playlists in Apple Music.
- Finally! Click the Start Moving My Music >> button. Note: your playlists aren’t “moved” – they’re copied. They will still exist and be accessible in Spotify, they’ll just also exist in Apple Music.
- The process is actually pretty quick. It only took a minute to export 12 of my playlists (659 songs in total).
- Once it’s done, you may notice messages about missing files (see screenshot below). If you do see a message about x missing files, click the Show list link next to that playlist.
- Scroll through the playlist until you find the missing song(s). These tracks either aren’t available on Apple Music or TuneMyMusic wasn’t able to locate/identify them.
- Open the Music app on your Mac, iTunes on your Windows PC, or the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad. Ta-da! All of your Spotify playlists are now accessible in your Apple Music collection. That’s it – you’re all done.
Please note: even though the screenshots used in this guide are from a Mac, the entire process is identical whether you’re using Windows, Linux or macOS.