This tutorial will guide you in using free software for Windows to resize a group of files all at once (batch resizing). The input pictures can be JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG or HD Photo (.wdp, .hdp) format. The resized output files will be JPG.
- To get started, download and install the free Fast Image Resizer for Windows. Once it’s installed, launch it from your Start menu. Click the Options button to set your preferences.
- From here you can increase or decrease the quality of the files that will be created. You can also specify how you want the files saved – in the same folder as the originals, in a subfolder of the images, or in a specific folder of your choice. Review the other options and make changes as you see fit.
- Select the Resolution output for the files you’re going to resize. Now just drag some files from Windows Explorer to the Drop files here area of Fast Image Resizer.
- And your files will be resized.
- Once it’s done, you’ll get a little summary of how long it took. Locate the new files and check to make sure they’re everything you had specified etc.