Dropbox is a versatile service that’s becoming an essential part of your daily computing. One thing you might not know is you can play your MP3s from Dropbox. Unfortunately the player is very basic and you can only play one song at a time. Here’s how to make the experience more fluid.
Play Music Directly from Dropbox
1. Open your Dropbox account from the Web interface and click on a song to start playing it.
2. Then a basic player pops up and you can listen to the song you picked. But the player isn’t anything special, and you can only listen to one song at a time.
1. To make the music in your Dropbox account play more like a desktop media player, head over to the DropTunes website and log in with your Dropbox credentials.
2. After logging in, you’ll see a list of all of the folders in your Dropbox account. Navigate to the one with your music and it will be listed in the player. The DropTunes web based music player, while basic, does offer a much more fluid experience than playing songs individually directly from Dropbox.
You have the basic playback controls, volume, and you can also switch to HTML 5 mode and play OGG and WAV files too.
3. The cool thing about it is, after one song finishes…the next one in the list begins to play. So you don’t need to go back and forth like you would if playing directly from Dropbox. Here is an example of playing an OGG file from DropTunes in Google Chrome using HTML 5 mode.
4. Click on Info & Tips and you can see a list of which browsers support HTML 5 mode.
If you are looking for an easy way to play your music from you Dropbox seamlessly, DropTunes does a good job and it’s free! If you are looking for other ways to access your music online check out our guide on using Amazon Cloud Player & Get 20GB of free storage space.