We previously covered how to customize your iOS device with user generated content using Grallery. Today we take a look at another cool app for customizing your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch with Pimp You Screen.
1. Download Pimp Your Screen from the iTunes App Store directly on your device. Here we’re using an iPad, but it works with an iPhone or iPad Touch as well.
2. After you install it launch Pimp My Screen and you’ll be able to see everything it has to offer. You change your wallpaper and / or Lock Screen, Bookshelves, icon skins and more.
3. Tap on Home Screens and then you can scroll through and find some amazing high quality images. Here’s a few examples of what it has.
4. When you find an image you want to set as your Wallpaper or Lock Screen, tap on the Save button. It will be stored in Saved Photos on the iPad. So go into Settings >> Brightness & Wallpaper then Saved Photos.
5. Then find the image you saved and tap on it.
6. The image is displayed and decide if you want to set it as the Lock Screen, Home Screen, or Both.
7. Here’s an example of the image saved above as the Wallpaper for the Home Screen.
8. Tap on App Shelves to see the wide variety of backgrounds you can use to highlight you application icons.
9. Tap on Icons next to the Save button and it will put in some generic apps so you can see how it will look.
Here is another example of another App Shelves background. There are really a lot of cool ways to pimp out your iPad with this.
10. Just like with the wallpapers, after you click the Save button, it stores the background in your Saved Photos folder on the iPad.
Here’s an example of one of the App Shelves background to give you an idea of what to expect. The App Shelves backgrounds usually work best in Portrait Mode and there are some available in Landscape too.
11. Here is an example of using one of the high quality images used as a Lock Screen.