Recently Facebook decided that in addition to visual notifications, it would start making a “beeping sound” when you receive a new notification. This brief tutorial will show you how to disable that annoying beep.
Note: this “feature” hasn’t been rolled out across all of Facebook yet, so your account may not be affected (yet).
- Click the ‘Settings’ button in the upper-right corner of your Facebook page and then select Account Settings from the menu.
- Select Notifications from the left column.
- Click the link titled view from the On Facebook row.
- Remove the check-mark from the Play a sound when each new notification is received box and then click the Save Changes button.
- That’s it, no more beeping from Facebook!