This tutorial will guide you through setting up Windows Mail, which is very old and no longer supported by Microsoft. It’s still completely accurate, but it’s not the same as the Mail app included with Windows 10.
- The setup wizard will launch on its own the first time you open Windows Mail. On the first screen, enter your name as you wish it to appear on your outgoing email messages. Click Next to continue.
- Enter your email address in the space provided, and then click Next to continue.
- At this step you’ll want to check with your ISP for your email server settings. If you have cable or DSL in North America, you can refer to this list of email settings for many of the major broadband ISPs (Comcast, Cox, Rogers, Shaw, Verizon, Earthlink, Time Warner etc). When you have the correct info for your ISP, enter it in the spaces provided. Click Next to continue.
- Enter your email user name and password, place a check in the box labeled Remember Password if you don’t want to enter your password each time you check your email, and then click Next.
- That’s it! Click Finish.
- You’ll connect and download any email waiting for you.
- And now have fun with Windows Mail!
5 thoughts on “A beginners guide to setting up Windows Mail”
Thanks for the help you guys rock.yep im beginner first time,been trying for days to find help figured it might be something easy,or maybe something i messed up going were i’ve never gone before,again Thanks
Canadian here again – just forgot to check the notify box is all… Thx. So please leave any comments from my previous post (above) HERE. Thanks, eh?
i love you thank you so much it saved me so much time
Thank you so much…youve saved me hours of trying to find it
this helped me a lot. HP rocks~!