This tutorial will show you how to rearrange your Windows Taskbar and System Tray icons, using a small and completely free app.
- Start by downloading and installing Taskbar Shuffle. The installation is about as straight forward as possible – you’ll just click “next” a bunch of times. Once the installation has completed, Taskbar Shuffle will launch for the first time.
- To reorder any of the items in your Taskbar, simply click the item you want to move, hold down the mouse button, and drag it to the location of your choice.
- To reorder any of the items in your System Tray, hold down the Control (CTRL) key on your keyboard, click the System Tray icon you want to move and while holding down the mouse button, drag it to the location of your choice.
- To change any of the Taskbar Shuffle settings, right-click its icon in your System Tray and select Settings….
- From here you can set Taskbar Shuffle to start automatically when Windows does (which is turned on by default), disable the ‘splash screen’ when it starts, and change the default HotKey (the keyboard key you have to hold down when moving System Tray icons).
- That’s it! You can now rearrange your Windows Taskbar and System Tray icons any time you’d like.