Using Unplugged and Growl, you can get notifications when your power cable is unplugged (or plugged in). Continue reading for installation and usage instructions.
- Download Unplugged, open the dmg file and double-click UnPlugged.prefPane
- Your System Preferences will launch, and you’ll be prompted to install UnPlugged. Select either Installf or this user only or Install for all users of this computer and then click Install.
- Then you’ll be asked if you want to install UnPlugged in your Applications folder. Click Yes.
- UnPlugged’s Notification preferences will open. Select Start at Login if you want UnPlugged to start each time your Mac boots. You can also customize point at which you want to be notified based on remaining battery power percentage. If you want notifications to be ignored if certain programs are running, use the + button to add them.
- Select the Appearance tab. Make any changes you see fit, and then click the Start button.
- Pull out your power cable to make sure it’s working
- Plug it back in.
- If you decide to change the settings, use the System Preferences icon