OS X 10.5 (Leopard) introduced an interesting new feature called “Web Clips”. Web Clips are sections of web pages that are turned into Dashboard widgets. While they can be quite a useful feature, one of the drawbacks is that resizing them, particularly to be smaller, isn’t as straight forward as you might expect. This tutorial will guide you in shrinking Web Clip widgets to suit your needs.
- While creating your web clip, you’ll notice that no matter how much you try, the horizontal and vertical dimensions are limited.
- So your resulting web clip may contain info/text that you don’t particularly want included.
- Hover your mouse over the widget, and select the i button.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the bottom right corner you’ll see a re-sizer. Click and drag until you’re happy with the results.
- Click the Done button.
- And now you have a properly sized web clip widget.