This tutorial will show you how to install and setup Pocket Nester Plus, a NES emulator for your Windows Mobile Smartphone.
Please note: This guide was published back in 2008 and is now considered out of date. You can try using Pocket Nester Plus but the steps will be different than what’s outlined below.
- Now you’ll need to download
Pocket Nester PlusNote: software has been abandoned, link no longer available. Transfer the file to your phone and select it. Click Install to begin the installation.
- Once completed, click Done. Don’t worry too much if you get an error about the software being developed for a previous version of Windows Mobile. It should work anyway (it did for me, using WM 6.0).
- Now launch Pocket Nester Plus from your Applications list. You’ll probably find it in the Games section.
- Click File and then Open ROM…
- Navigate to a ROM (.nes) file, select it and click Done.
- Before you start playing, there are a few things you might want to change/customize. Open the Options menu (which I was able to do by hitting the Z key on my phones QWERTY keyboard, but it may vary based on phone). Select Preferences from the Options menu.
- Place a check in the box labeled Associated .NES files. This will allow you to just click on a .nes (ROM) file and Pocket Nester Pro will launch and load that game.
- Again select the Options menu, this time select Controllers… Highlight and then click the … button next to A:. Now select the key on your phones keyboard that you want to use as the Nintendo controllers “A” button. Repeat this process to customize each button.
- And let the games begin!
5 thoughts on “How to play NES (Nintendo) Games on your Windows Mobile Smartphone”
Thanks it worked very well on my phone now I’m playing games!
Nice emulator its work perfect on my MotoQ9H Thankssss!
It worked amazingly well on my Motorola Q. No problems what so ever even though the games are actually harder to play on Windows Mobile rather than on the actual Nintendo. The sound and picture quality is unbeleiveably good. And it did not freeze at any point.
This is so Cool! It works on ipaq voice messenger.