This tutorial will show you how to install and setup Pocket Nester Plus, a NES emulator for your Windows Mobile Smartphone.
- Now you’ll need to download
Pocket Nester PlusNote: software has been abandoned, link no longer available. Transfer the file to your phone and select it. Click Install to begin the installation.
- Once completed, click Done. Don’t worry too much if you get an error about the software being developed for a previous version of Windows Mobile. It should work anyway (it did for me, using WM 6.0).
- Now launch Pocket Nester Plus from your Applications list. You’ll probably find it in the Games section.
- Click File and then Open ROM…
- Navigate to a ROM (.nes) file, select it and click Done.
- Before you start playing, there are a few things you might want to change/customize. Open the Options menu (which I was able to do by hitting the Z key on my phones QWERTY keyboard, but it may vary based on phone). Select Preferences from the Options menu.
- Place a check in the box labeled Associated .NES files. This will allow you to just click on a .nes (ROM) file and Pocket Nester Pro will launch and load that game.
- Again select the Options menu, this time select Controllers… Highlight and then click the … button next to A:. Now select the key on your phones keyboard that you want to use as the Nintendo controllers “A” button. Repeat this process to customize each button.
- And let the games begin!