This tutorial will show you how to log all of your incoming, outgoing and/or missed calls on your Android phone, to your Google Calendar.
There are a couple of ways to do this, we’re going with the easy one – which happens to be the “free” one too (no paid apps involved).
- Download and install IFTTT from the Google Play Store. In a nutshell, IFTTT is a service that connects multiple services together with “if this then that” actions. Once it’s installed, tap the IFTTT icon on your Android home screen or App list.
- You’ll need to sign up for an account or just sign in with your Google, Facebook, or Apple account. Once you’ve done that, tap the Explore button from the bottom of the IFTTT app window.
- In the search field, enter the phrase calls to calendar and select one of the three results from the user/author shevch – Incoming calls to Google calendar, Outgoing calls to Google calendar or Missed calls to Google calendar. Of course you can use all three, but they need to be enabled one at a time.
- After you’ve selected one of the applets, toggle the CONNECT switch to the ON position.
- First you’ll need to authenticate with Google so that IFTTT can access your Google Calendar. Select the account you want to use.
- Click the Allow button to allow IFTTT to access your Google Calendar.
- Back in the IFTTT app, select the calendar you want to add the calls logged to, and then tap the Done button.
- Make sure that it’s set to Connected and you’re all done! If you want to log outgoing or missed calls as well, return to the search results page and activate the other two applets.
- The Applet only runs 1-2 times daily, so the calls are not logged to your calendar in real-time. You can try using other applets that are supposed to log calls to Google Calendar as well, but they’re sometimes hit-and-miss.