This brief tutorial will show you how to clear (delete) the history of sites you’ve visited from the Web Browser on your Kindle Fire.
Please note: this guide explains how to clear the browser, cache and cookies for the discontinued Kindle Fire – not to be confused with the newer Amazon Fire. If you’re looking for help clearing the history, cache and/or cookies from the Amazon Fire, check out this guide.
- Start out by selecting Web from the Kindle Dashboard.
- When your browser opens, select the “Options” icon (see screenshot below) from the bottom of your Kindle screen.
- Now tap the Settings button.
- Scroll down to the Saved Data section. Tap the Clear History entry.
- When prompted to confirm that you want to delete the browser navigation history, tap OK.
- To confirm that your history has been deleted, return to your browser and once again select the “Options” icon.
- This time tap the History button.
- As you’ll see – your entire browsing history has now been deleted. Also worth noting – you can clear your browser history from directly within this History window – just tap the Clear All button.
- That’s it – you’re done!