This brief tutorial will show you how to enable the feature that sends your location to the Find My iPhone service right before the battery on your iPhone or iPad dies.
This tutorial assumes that you have set up Find My iPhone on your iDevice. If you haven’t, see How to Locate Your iPhone or iPad If It’s Lost or Stolen first, then head back here.
- Tap the Settings icon on your iPhone/iPad.
- Scroll down to iCloud and tap it.
- Tap the Find My iPhone menu item.
- Toggle Send Last Location to ON.
- Now each time before your iPhone or iPad powers off due to low power, it’s location will be sent to the Find My iPhone servers first – so you’ll know it’s last known location.