This tutorial will take you through the steps required to create a Playlist directly on your iPhone or iPad, without having to use iTunes or other software on your Mac or PC.
For those times you want to create a new Playlist “on the go”, here’s how:
- Tap the Music App.
- First, tap on the Playlists item from the bottom menu of the Music App. Then, “swipe down” (tap the screen and drag your finger downwards).
- Now a couple of extra features are displayed on screen. Tap the ‘plus sign’ ( + ) next to New Playlist…
- Give your playlist a name. As illustrated in the image below, I opted to name mine “Apple Watch”. Tap Save when you’re done.
- Your Playlist list will now contain the new one you’ve just created, but it doesn’t have any songs in it yet. Let’s fix that. Tap your new Playlist.
- Make sure that Songs is selected from the bottom menu of the Music App (see screenshot below). It’s time to add some music to your Playlist. Tap the ‘plus sign’ next to each of the Songs you want to include in your Playlist. When you’re finished, tap the Done button in the upper right corner of the Music App.
- Now you can organize your playlist a bit by putting the Songs in the order you’d like them. Tap the Edit option from the top menu of the Music App.
- Use the “3 lines” (see screenshot below) to drag-and-drop songs in the order you want them for your Playlist. When you’re done, you guessed it, tap Done
- If you tap the < Playlists item at the top of the Music App, you’ll return to the “list of Playlists” on your iPhone.
- Your newly created Playlist will be among them. That’s it!