This tutorial will take you each step of the way through the process of adding a Comcast email address to your iPhone or iPad.
It’s worth noting up front that Comcast is also known as “Xfinity” – they’re the same company and this guide could just as easily be called “How to Add Xfinity Email to an iPhone or iPad”, the steps are identical.
- Start out by tapping the Settings button on your iPhone or iPad.
- From the Settings menu, select Passwords & Accounts
- In the ACCOUNTS section, select Add Account
- Choose Other from the list of options.
- From the MAIL section, select Add Mail Account
- Enter in all of your Comcast.net email account settings – your Name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing messages, your full Comcast.net Email address and your Comcast.net email Password. The Mail app will automatically add a Description – you can change that if you wish. Once all of that information has been added, tap the Next button in the upper-right corner of the window.
- The Mail app will now verify the information you just entered.
- Once the verification has been confirmed, make sure the Mail switch is toggled ON and the Notes switch is toggled OFF. Tap Save
- Confirm that your newly added Comcast account has been added to the list of ACCOUNTS
- You can close out of the Settings now and open the Mail app. After a moment all of your Comcast.net emails will download to your Inbox. Select it to view those messages.
- Ta-da! You can now send and receive your Comcast.net emails from your iPhone.
If these steps didn’t work, (unfortunately) you’ll need to contact Comcast Support, as it’s likely an issue with your password and they’ll need to reset it.