This detailed and step by step guide will explain exactly how to update your Chromebook so that it’s running the very latest version of Chrome OS.
Fortunately it’s pretty simple to update your Chromebook, and better yet it usually doesn’t take very long.
- Start by clicking (or tapping if you have a touchscreen device) the Launcher button found on the bottom left corner of your Chromebook screen.
- Scroll down to the Settings icon and select it.
- Select the About Chrome OS link located at the bottom of the list of Settings.
- Select the Check for updates button.
- If no update is available you’ll see a message saying Your Chromebook is up to date. If there is an update available it will begin downloading, and then it’ll install itself.
- You’ll be prompted to reboot your Chromebook in order to finish the update. Save any open work and then click the Restart button.
- After your Chromebook reboots, the update will have been applied and you’ll be running the latest version of Chrome OS. That’s all there is to it!
If this guide helped you, be sure to check out our other Chromebook tips and tutorials or the official Chromebook guides by Google.
1 thought on “How to Update Your Chromebook to the Latest Version”
Im a new chromebook OS user is there any 1 got any Useful Tips Advice Using chromebook best way