This guide will take you each step of the way through backing up your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using macOS Catalina.
With iTunes gone, there’s a new way to backup and/or sync your iDevice with macOS. Finder!
- Plug your iPhone/iPad/iPod into your Mac and open a Finder window. You’ll notice a new item in the Locations section of the sidebar. Select it.
- You’ll be presented with a screen very similar to the one you’re probably familiar with from iTunes.
- To perform a backup, select Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac and then click the Back Up Now button.
- The icon next to your iDevice in the Locations menu will start to ‘spin’ – indicating the backup is in progress.
- You can change what you sync with your Mac via the Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Audiobooks and Books tabs.
- If you connect another iDevice to your Mac, it will show up in the same place.
- That’s it! Not a huge difference and no more iTunes (yay!)