By installing Post to del.icio.us, a free addon for Internet Explorer Mobile, you can quickly add any site to your del.icio.us account. For full setup and usage instructions, keep reading..
- First things first – Post to del.icio.us requires that the .NET Compact Framework 2 is installed on your Windows Mobile device.
- Next up, download and install Post to del.icio.us from the authors home page. Do not be deterred if you read Windows Mobile 5/6 Pocket PC devices (with a touchscreen) as a requirement – Post to del.icio.us worked exactly as it should have on my non-touchscreen Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone. The installation is as straight forward as you’d expect – just upload the .cab file to your device and click it.
- Now launch IE Mobile, and visit a site you want to add to your del.icio.us account
- Select Menu, navigate to Tools and click Post to del.icio.us…
- The url and description will be auto-populated (though both are still editable) – add any tags you feel are appropriate, and even notes if you wish. When you’re done click Save
- The first time you add a site using Post to del.icio.us you’ll be prompted to enter your del.icio.us user name and password. Going forward, it will be remembered.
- Now visit your del.icio.us account and your recently added site will be there!