How to add additional sources to Installer on your iPhone or iPod Touch

I suppose this goes without saying, but just in case – make sure you have a jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch. Without it, you won’t have Installer.app on your device. To add additional sources to Installer – which will give you a wider variety of software to install, follow the instructions outlined below.

1. Tab the Installer icon on your home screen.
  2. installer.app icon

3. Select Sources from the bottom button-bar.
  4. installer.app

5. Select the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  6. installer.app sources

7. Select the Add button from the upper-left corner of the screen.
  8. installer.app adding a source

9. Use the on-screen keypad to enter the source you want to add. There’s a pretty good list here, but a Google search will reveal even more. Tap OK when you’re done.
  10. installer.app adding a source with keypad

11. Your sources list will now refresh.
  12. installer.app refreshing

13. Scroll through the list of software sources to confirm the one you just entered was successfully added. When you’re done, click Done in the upper-right corner.
  14. installer.app with newly added source

15. That’s it! To install new apps (from the source you just added, and/or all others), just tap Install from the bottom button-bar.
  • charles May 1, 2008, 3:24 pm

well, i got my apple’s app but when i went to install it didin’t appear iphone ti ipod touch apps can u tell me what is the problem ? thanks

• victor June 6, 2008, 12:59 pm

Salut Mon ipod touch , moi quand je mets “applerepo.com” il me dit apres “could not refresh sources ” et voila quoi et j ai pas apple repostery … donc voila quoi merci :p a bientot

• Rajesh Panchal June 23, 2008, 11:37 am

I have iphone & i have lost my installer app while installing some other packages. Please let me know how to recover or install, installer app on iphone

• Marco June 25, 2008, 11:49 am

Hi,

I have the iPod touch 16Gb running 1.1.4.
    I have run ZiPhone and that was without problems. The Installer app was now available.

Now I wanted to add additional sources and followed the description. When entering the http://labs.ispazio.net address, it started refreshing, but returned with the error “Could not refresh source” and a Uncategorized source was created, title Untiled Source with the address below it.
    Please help me out here: Wat is the cause of this and how can I continue without errors?

Thank you.

• Marco June 30, 2008, 11:29 pm

“Failed to refresh sources” (or “Could not refresh source”)
    I found it out now. -> This is caused by the fact that I did not had WiFi enabled!!!!
    So to anyone, make sure it is enabled when adding a source !

-Marco

• Michael July 1, 2008, 7:48 am

Hi,
    I have the iPod touch running 1.1.4 firmware. when i try to install a source it refreshes about half-way and then says failed to refresh sources. i do have my WiFi enabled, so please help!

• tommky1210 August 3, 2008, 4:19 am

i have the same problem!! wifi is enabled but it can’t refresh sources! tried with a few sources. HELP!!!

• atch October 14, 2008, 8:28 pm

i have the same as the last 2. i can download packages and stuff but nothing ever refreshes and when i try to add a source the download jumps to half way and says “Failed to refresh sources” (or “Could not refresh source”) . helppppp

• Ashlee December 7, 2008, 6:29 am

I don’t have the installer app on my iPod touch is there a way I can get this? Please help…thanks!

• Paul January 5, 2009, 1:51 pm

I have the iPod touch running 1.1.4 firmware. and installer 3.11 when i try to install a any source it refreshes about half-way and then says failed to refresh sources. please help me to downgrade the installer cause i think it was a problem

• BLAHH June 23, 2009, 9:32 pm

lololololololool i have had my iphone for like ages and i never new how to add sources thanx:)

• Jef October 15, 2009, 12:13 pm

Same problem…could not refresh sources