Mozilla Firefox is the fastest growing web browser and there are a whole lot of reasons for this. Developers have created a huge number of plug-ins and add-ons allowing for virtually any online activity to be done effortlessly. In this simple tutorial, we will show you how to customize Firefox to work faster in netbooks.
- Type in about:config in the address bar of Mozilla Firefox.
- In the filter bar which pops up under the address bar, type the following commands to enable a technique called pipelining. This is a method by which Firefox, instead of making one request at a time to a webpage, makes several requests simultaneously, thus increasing the web browsing speed.
- Search for network.http.pipelining and change its value to true, then search for network.http.proxy.pipelining and change its value to true. Finally, search for network.http.pipelining.maxrequests and change its value to 15.
- Now right click inside the browser window and select New –> Integer
- Name this new file as nglayout.initialpaint.delay and put the value as 0.